This web site might include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
This Butter Pie Crust is probably the most tender and flaky crust you’ll ever make! It’s comprised of simply 4 elements and can make the right base for your entire pies this vacation season.
I like a great pie! In reality, it’s one in every of my favourite desserts. I like ’em each approach! Chilly, sizzling, baked, or no-bake, give me a pie and I’ll eat it! This additionally means I’ve tons of pie recipes it’s essential check out! You’ve received to do this traditional Chocolate Pie, this “dump the whole lot in a blender and bake” Unattainable Pie, and this good for any event Recent Strawberry Pie!
All Butter Pie Crust
I’ve stated it earlier than and I’ll say it once more, I LOVE PIE! It’s the right dessert. And the right dessert deserves the PERFECT pie crust, and this butter pie crust is it! It’s so easy to whip up, and has a scrumptious buttery taste that everybody at all times compliments. It’s good for any filling, whether or not you want your traditional pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving or wish to attempt one thing totally different, like a German chocolate pie or a strawberry rhubarb. No matter your filling, this crust is the right match!
This butter pie crust (generally referred to as all butter pie crust) is made with solely butter, so that you gained’t have to fret about grabbing shortening. You make it the identical approach you do a conventional pie crust. I like this recipe as a result of it at all times will get tons of compliments, and actually, it’s one of many best crusts to make! Additionally it is the right form of crust for a phenomenal lattice or double-crusted pie.
This pie crust is one in every of my favorites as a result of it’s so easy and solely takes 4 elements to make a flaky and scrumptious pie crust. It at all times completely browns on prime and has nice construction, however nonetheless melts in your mouth. You’ll adore it! Discover the precise measurements beneath within the recipe card.
- All-Goal Flour: Your common pantry flour will work nice! As a result of this pie crust solely has a couple of easy elements, the higher high quality flour you’ve got, the higher it’s going to style!
- Salt: Salt brings out all the stunning flavors on this pie crust.
- Chilly Butter: You’ll want to use unsalted butter since you might be already including salt to the crust. It must be good and chilly, you possibly can even freeze it.
- Chilly Water: The water ought to really be ice chilly, so drop some ice within the bowl earlier than utilizing it to verify it’s the suitable temperature.
Let’s Make the Crust!
This butter pie crust recipe is very easy! I make it on a regular basis, and each time I do individuals are asking me for my pie crust recipe. It’s so easy and you’ll change into the pie crust knowledgeable after folks style your pies.
- Pulse: Utilizing a meals processor with the steel blade attachment, pour flour salt and butter cubes in. Pulse till combination is the feel of coarse meal. If you are pulsing the meals processor, add ice water via the feed tube. Course of till clumps type, don’t let it type one strong ball.
- Roll: On a floured floor, roll to an 11” circle with a rolling pin, press pie dough into pie plate and trim dough to your liking.
- Refrigerate: Prick backside and sides with a fork or toothpick and chill in fridge till agency, about half-hour within the fridge, or quarter-hour within the freezer.
- Bake: In the event you’re wanting pie crust on the highest of the pie, double the recipe, roll two separate rounds, fill your pie with desired filling and prime along with your second spherical of dough. Bake in line with the filling’s directions.
- Blind Bake: In case your pie crust must be blind baked, bake the crust in an oven preheated to 425℉ till golden and crisp, about quarter-hour. To forestall shrinking, line it first intently with foil and fill with dried beans or pie weights.
Suggestions for Making Butter Pie Crust
This crust is straightforward peasy! You’ll love this recipe, and it’ll undoubtedly change into your go-to pie crust. I exploit it yearly and might’t consider it took me this lengthy to share it with you! Listed below are some ideas I’ve discovered over time that may make you an immediate professional.
- Mixing the Dough: Don’t overwork this dough or it’s going to change into powerful and never flaky as soon as baked. You additionally will run the chance of getting the butter too heat, which implies the fats within the butter gained’t have an opportunity to make the crust flaky such as you need it. It’s so essential that the butter stays chilly and crumbly! Ensure you contact the dough as little as attainable along with your fingers, since your fingers are heat and can soften the dough shortly.
- Preserve It Cool: The dough must be saved as cool as attainable, I like to recommend refrigerating after lining the pan with the dough earlier than baking. It will make sure you get a flaky pie crust! It is going to additionally assist the pie crust keep in form with out shrinking or increasing.
- Making Pie Crust With out a Meals Processor: Individuals have been doing it endlessly! And each from time to time, I like doing it too. Comply with these similar directions, however as a substitute of placing your elements within the meals processor, you’ll put them into a big bowl. Use a pastry cutter to chop within the elements, it’s going to act just like the blades of the meals processor.
Storing Do-it-yourself Pie Crust
In case you are making this butter pie crust forward of time, that could be a nice concept! It will likely be a good time saver and fewer dishes to scrub on the day of your gathering. Listed below are some tricks to retailer your pie crust!
Within the Fridge: You’ll be able to retailer your raw pie dough in a ball wrapped in plastic wrap within the fridge for as much as 3 days. You’ll want to bake it earlier than the three days are up or it could change into dry.
Within the Freezer: Retailer your raw pie dough both in a dough ball wrapped in plastic wrap or rolled out and pressed right into a tin pie pan and coated. It is going to last as long as 3 months. Enable the crust dough to thaw within the fridge earlier than rolling it out.
Utilizing a meals processor with the steel blade attachment, pour flour salt and butter in. Pulse till combination is the feel of coarse meal. If you are pulsing the meals processor, add ice water via the feed tube. Course of till clumps type, don’t let it type one strong ball.
On a floured floor, roll to an 11” circle, press into pie pan and trim dough to your liking.
Prick backside and sides with a fork or toothpick and refrigerate till agency, about half-hour within the fridge, or quarter-hour within the freezer.
In the event you’re wanting pie crust on the highest of the pie, double the recipe, roll two separate rounds, fill your pie with desired filling and prime along with your second spherical of dough. Bake in line with the filling’s directions.
In case your pie crust must be blind baked, bake the crust in an oven preheated to 425℉ till golden and crisp, about quarter-hour. To forestall shrinking, line it first intently with foil and fill with dried beans or pie weights.
Energy614kcal (31%)Carbohydrates127g (42%)Protein17g (34%)Fats2g (3%)Saturated Fats1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats0.4gTrans Fats0.03gLdl cholesterol2mg (1%)Sodium1169mg (49%)Potassium179mg (5%)Fiber5g (20%)Sugar0.5g (1%)Vitamin A25IU (1%)Calcium28mg (3%)Iron8mg (44%)
All dietary info relies on third occasion calculations and is barely an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.