This Dorito casserole recipe is made with layers of Doritos, floor beef, cheese, black beans, and corn and is filled with taco taste! It’s a straightforward casserole that everybody will love!
Simple Dorito Taco Casserole Recipe
I’m an enormous fan of straightforward, crowd-pleasing casseroles. This layered Dorito casserole suits the invoice. You’ll solely want quarter-hour of prep and a while within the oven earlier than you might be able to serve the gang a scrumptious taco-reminiscent entree that may hold them coming again for seconds.
Consuming this Doritio casserole actually is like consuming tacos out of a pan. The Doritos give a taco-like crunch, and the taco-seasoned meat combination gives the proper punch of taste with simply the correct amount of moisture. The chips get gentle sufficient to chew into with out trouble however not so gentle that they turn out to be soggy. The addition of black beans and corn spherical out this consolation meals masterpiece with a little bit of freshness. It’s a must to strive it.
What You’ll Want
Here’s a checklist of what you have to to make this flavor-packed, layered Dorito casserole. Don’t overlook to scroll to the recipe card beneath for measurements.
- Floor beef – I like 80/20 beef however be happy to make use of a leaner product if you happen to’d like. You possibly can additionally simply sub in floor pork, rooster, or turkey if you happen to aren’t a beef eater.
- Yellow onion
- Low sodium taco seasoning
- Water – For the taco seasoning.
- Chunky salsa – Choose delicate, medium, or spicy salsa relying in your spice tolerance.
- Bitter cream
- Cheese soup or cheese dip – I like Tostitos Dip however be happy to make your personal or use a distinct product. Campbells cheese soup would additionally work effectively.
- Black beans – You need to use pinto beans right here as a substitute if you happen to’d like.
- Corn – Canned or frozen corn will just do tremendous. If you’re utilizing canned corn, be sure to empty it earlier than including it to the combination.
- Nacho cheese Doritos – That is my favourite, however you may use a distinct Dorito. I believe the cool Ranch taste would do effectively.
- Shredded cheddar cheese – Feeling spicy? Strive pepper jack as a substitute.
How you can Make a Dorito Casserole
In only a few easy steps you should have your self a Dorito taco casserole that may hold the entire household coming again for seconds. Right here’s a fast overview of learn how to make it. Make sure that to scroll to the recipe card beneath for extra detailed directions.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Brown the meat. In a big pan over medium-high warmth, warmth a little bit of olive oil, add the onions, and saute till translucent. Add the meat and cook dinner till browned. Drain the grease.
- Add the taco seasoning, water, and salsa and stir. Cook dinner till thickened. Take away from the warmth.
- Add the bitter cream, cheese soup or dip, black beans, and corn and stir to mix. Simmer for five minutes.
- Assemble. Unfold 1 1/2 cups crushed Doritos within the backside of an 11×7 casserole dish adopted by ½ of the meat combination and 1 cup of shredded cheese. Add one other layer of Doritos and the remaining beef combination. High with 1-1 ½ cups Doritos and 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake lined for 15-20 minutes. Bake uncovered for a further 5-10 minutes.
Recipe Ideas & Variations
This Dorito casserole is splendidly straightforward to throw collectively. As with every recipe, nonetheless, I’ve a few suggestions and tips that may enable you obtain the tastiest final result attainable. I even threw in a number of enjoyable variations to attempt to make this casserole your personal.
- Drain the grease. After browning the meat with the onions, it’s essential to empty the grease from the pan in any other case you’ll find yourself with a soggy, oily casserole.
- Don’t over-crush the Doritos. Earlier than assembling the casserole, you wish to crush the Doritos a bit however not an excessive amount of. If they’re crushed to too tremendous a consistency, the casserole will lose its crunch.
- Play with spice. I really like this recipe as a result of you’ll be able to modify it to any spice tolerance degree. Love spice? Use spicy salsa. Not a lot? Strive a gentle salsa. Not a pink salsa fan? Strive salsa verde as a substitute.
- Use a distinct protein. You’ll be able to simply use floor pork, turkey, or rooster as a substitute of floor beef. Vegetarian? Strive Past Beef or Unattainable Meat. You possibly can even attempt to depart the meat out altogether and use veggies as a substitute. I counsel bell peppers and mushrooms.
- Strive a distinct cheese. Cheddar cheese actually hits the spot for me, however that doesn’t imply you’ll be able to’t play with different choices. Pepper jack could be an ideal decide if you happen to’re in search of a bit of pop of spice. You possibly can even add a little bit of crumbled blue cheese to the combination if you happen to’d like.
- Play with completely different Dorito flavors. There have been over 100 flavors because the unique Dorito got here on the chip scene. Strive experimenting and uncover which is your favourite addition to this casserole.
Can You Put together This Taco Casserole in Advance?
Sure and no. I counsel in opposition to assembling and baking the casserole except you propose on consuming it inside a number of hours. The chips will get soggy as they sit. You’ll be able to, nonetheless, make the filling prematurely, seal it in an hermetic container, and retailer it within the fridge till you might be able to assemble and bake. You are able to do this as much as 3 days prematurely.
What to Serve with Layered Dorito Casserole
This Dorito casserole is completely scrumptious as is however it actually advantages from the addition of a aspect dish or two to spherical it out. I even take pleasure in it with a cocktail each every now and then. Listed here are a few of my favourite methods to serve this straightforward Dorito casserole.
How you can Retailer & Reheat Leftovers
If you end up with leftovers, enable the casserole to chill utterly. Cowl the casserole dish tightly with saran wrap or switch it to an hermetic container. Retailer the casserole within the fridge for as much as 3 days. Be aware that the chips will get soggy over time, so it’s best to take pleasure in this layered Dorito casserole sooner slightly than later.
Extra Simple Casserole Recipes
Casseroles are a good way to feed a crowd with minimal effort. I really like this Dorito casserole however if you happen to’re in search of one thing completely different, strive one in all these straightforward casserole recipes as a substitute.
Prep Time: quarter-hour
Cook dinner Time: 40 minutes
Complete Time: 55 minutes
- 1 lb floor beef
- 1 cup diced yellow onion (about 1/2 medium yellow onion)
- 1 package deal low sodium taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups chunky salsa
- 1 cup bitter cream
- 1/2 cup cheese soup or cheese dip (I used this one)
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn, drained and rinsed
- 10 oz nacho cheese Doritos
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place a big pan over medium-high warmth and add the meat and onion. Break up the meat with a spatula and cook dinner till the meat is browned and onions are softened. Drain the grease.
- Add the taco seasoning, water and salsa. Cook dinner till thickened, about 5 minutes, and take away from warmth.
- Add the bitter cream, cheese soup or dip, black beans and corn. Stir effectively to mix then convey to a simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Barely crush the Doritos and put 1 ½ cups Doritos within the backside of an 11×7 casserole dish. High with ½ of the meat combination and 1 cup of shredded cheese. Add one other layer of Doritos and the remaining beef combination. High with a further 1 to 1 ½ cups Doritos and remaining cup of shredded cheese.
- Cowl with aluminum foil and bake for about 15-20 minutes, till the cheese is melted and the casserole is sizzling. Take away foil and bake for one more 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, tomatoes, inexperienced onion or avocado, if desired, then serve.
- Serving Measurement: 1 bowl
- Energy: 468
- Sugar: 3.6 g
- Sodium: 1145.2 mg
- Fats: 27.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.4 g
- Protein: 38.1 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 102.6 mg
Key phrases: dorito casserole, straightforward dorito casserole, dorito taco casserole, layered dorito casserole
This publish might include affiliate gross sales hyperlinks. Please learn my disclosure coverage.