Prep 10 minutes
Whole 10 minutes
Loaded with avocado and your favourite salsas, these 10-minute flank steak tacos are a juicy, flavor-packed lunch or dinner concept. Served with no matter toppings you’ve got readily available, they’re simple to placed on the desk even when you haven’t gone grocery buying shortly.
The Finest Steak Tacos
Stuffed with juicy steak, these flank steak tacos are the best 10-minute meal you’ll be able to think about. Packed together with your favourite toppings like guacamole and pico de gallo, they’re a tortilla-wrapped fiesta in each chunk.
Prepared in 3 simple steps, all you must do is warmth the tortillas, slice the steak, and serve. That’s it! Excellent for a fast chunk or a packed lunch for work, that is one easy recipe that doesn’t skimp on taste. The key is within the toppings, so add your favourite mixture of them.
Whether or not you serve them on their very own or with some beans on the facet, these flank steak tacos are as genuine as they get but in addition go away sufficient room for creativity with crema, cheese, and avocado. Are you prepared for a Mexican taco celebration? It’s value it, even when it’s a celebration of 1.
Why Is Flank Steak The Finest Steak for Tacos?
Flank steak is among the greatest cuts for tacos as a result of it’s comparatively skinny and is kind of simple to slice. It’s additionally acquired a very beefy taste and is sweet at absorbing marinades as a result of its grain. For this simple taco recipe we’ll be utilizing my flank steak recipe. I typically have extras within the fridge simply begging for use and tacos is a straightforward concept that my complete household devours.
What You’ll Want
With a ridiculously simple ingredient record, the important thing to those flank steak tacos lies within the toppings you add to them. Try the recipe card on the backside of the put up for full ingredient quantities.
Find out how to Make Flank Steak Tacos
With solely 3 steps, these may be the best tacos you’ve ever made.
- Put together the tortillas. Warmth the tortillas within the microwave wrapped in a humid paper towel, over an open flame, or in a skillet over low warmth. Wrap tortillas in foil to maintain heat. You too can use a “tortillero” when you’ve got one. A tortillero is a Mexican tortilla basket, right here’s a tradtional tortillero and it is a extra fashionable tortillero.
- Minimize the steak. Slice flank steak, in opposition to the grain, into strips. Make them as thick or as skinny as you want.
- Assemble the tacos. Fill every tortilla with sliced flank steak and desired toppings. Serve instantly!
These flank steak tacos are nice together with your favourite mixture of the next toppings:
- Home made Guacamole – Sliced avocado works effectively too.
- Pico de gallo – Attempt my favourite contemporary Pico de Gallo recipe.
- Mexican crema – Bitter cream is an effective substitute, simply skinny it out with a bit of water to make it extra drizzle-able like Mexican crema.
- Salsa – I’ve acquired a few good ones like my Avocado Salsa or Tomatillo Avocado Salsa, however be happy to make use of your favourite sort.
- Queso fresco – Cotija cheese is ideal for a little bit of sharpness and tang too.
- Lime wedges
- Diced onion – White or crimson onions each work!
What to Serve With Steak Tacos
As soon as loaded with toppings, these flank steak tacos are fairly filling on their very own. Nevertheless, you’ll be able to pair them with a few low-carb sides (for the reason that tacos have already got tortillas) to finish the meal. For veggie sides, attempt my Mexican Road Corn Salad (Esquites) and Calabacitas Recipe (Mexican Squash). For extra conventional bean-based sides, go for my Frijoles Charros (Charro Beans) or Frijoles Puercos (Mexican Bean Dip). And naturally, some Mexican Rice is all the time an excellent concept as effectively.
Find out how to Retailer & Reheat Leftovers
These flank steak tacos are greatest served instantly to verify the steak is tremendous juicy. Nevertheless, that doesn’t imply you’ll be able to’t prep forward. You’ll be able to refrigerate all of the substances individually in an hermetic container for as much as 5 days.
Whenever you’re able to serve the tacos, sprinkle the steak with 1-2 teaspoons of water and microwave it for as much as a minute or till heat. You too can warmth it in a pan over medium warmth for 4-6 minutes. The tortillas may be reheated as common, in accordance with the recipe directions. Not one of the toppings should be reheated.
Extra Taco Recipes
Yield: 12 tacos
Flank Steak Tacos
Topped with salsa and sliced avocado, these simple flank steak tacos are exploding with taste! Be at liberty to make them your individual by including all of your favourite toppings.
For the Tacos
- Pico de gallo
- Mexican crema or bitter cream
- Queso fresco or Cotija cheese
- Lime wedges
- Diced onion or pickled onion
- Warmth the tortillas within the microwave wrapped in a humid paper towel, over an open flame, or in a skillet. Wrap tortillas in foil to maintain heat.
- Slice flank steak, in opposition to the grain, into strips.
- Fill every tortilla with sliced flank steak and desired toppings. Serve instantly!
Tortillas: You need to use whichever you like, corn tortillas or flour tortillas! Ensure that to heat them earlier than serving. You’ll be able to heat the tortillas over an open flame, in a skillet on the range prime, or wrap them with a humid paper towel and microwave them till warmed via.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 127Whole Fats: 5gSaturated Fats: 2gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 2gLdl cholesterol: 15mgSodium: 175mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g
This put up might comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Learn my disclosure coverage.