Feed the entire household and nonetheless have leftovers with this hearty, home-style Rooster Noodle Casserole! This straightforward casserole recipe is loaded with tender egg noodles, shredded hen, and candy veggies in a tacky cream sauce, topped with a buttery Ritz cracker crust.
Love this taste combo? Be certain that to strive my Do-it-yourself Rooster and Noodles recipe made on the range high!
Simple and Tacky Rooster Noodle Casserole
This creamy hen noodle casserole has all of the comforting flavors of Do-it-yourself Rooster Noodle Soup, wrapped up in layers of tender egg noodles and veggies mixed with cream, hen, and cheese. With a crunchy Ritz cracker topping, it’s the proper option to welcome in casserole season!
I’ll make this up on a Sunday and pop it within the fridge, so it’s able to bake up bubbly and golden in the course of the week. This healthful hen noodle casserole is a filling meal that’s nice for teenagers, and this recipe makes greater than sufficient to feed a crowd. You’re going to like it!
What You’ll Want
This hearty hen noodle casserole recipe is jam-packed with all types of flavor-filled but easy substances. I’ve rounded up what you’ll want under, with the total quantities out there within the recipe card additional down within the put up.
- Olive Oil, Onion, and Celery: Diced onion and celery sauteed in olive oil make up the aromatics within the taste base.
- Blended Greens: Blended frozen veggies are my no-fuss, first alternative for this basic hen noodle casserole. I take advantage of a medley that has carrots, peas, inexperienced beans, and candy corn.
- Egg Noodles: I like to recommend utilizing huge egg noodles for this recipe. All of the extra floor space to be coated within the creamy sauce!
- Rooster: You’ll want cooked and shredded hen. I’ll typically use rotisserie hen, although this straightforward casserole recipe is one among my favourite methods to make use of up any hen leftovers I might need within the fridge.
- Cream of Rooster Soup: You’ll want 2 cans of basic cream of hen soup (or cream of mushroom soup). That is my shortcut to a great deal of taste, nevertheless, see under for substitutions should you’re not a fan of condensed soups.
- Half-and-Half: I really like the richness that comes from half-and-half, however you need to use complete milk as effectively should you desire. Or, go all out with heavy cream should you’re after an additional decadent hen casserole.
- Cheddar Cheese: I like to recommend utilizing freshly grated cheddar within the cream sauce. The pre-grated sort has a waxy coating that received’t soften as easily.
- Salt and Pepper
- Ritz Crackers: Crushed Ritz crackers blended with melted butter make up the crispy casserole topping.
Can I Substitute the Condensed Soup?
In case you’d desire to make this casserole with out the cream of hen soup, no downside. Listed here are some straightforward substitutions:
- 2 cups of bitter cream or plain Greek Yogurt
- Whisk 2 eggs into the half-and-half (this can even assist to bind the substances)
The right way to Make Rooster Noodle Casserole
Get your oven preheated and let’s make a comforting hen noodle casserole!
- Prepare dinner the Veggies: Saute the onion and celery in a skillet with olive oil to melt them a bit. After about 10 minutes, stir within the frozen vegetable medley and as soon as the veggies are warmed via, set the pan apart.
- Put together the Filling: In a big pot of water, get your egg noodles boiling in accordance with the bundle instructions. In the meantime, mix the shredded hen with the cream of hen soup, cream, and shredded cheese. Season with salt and pepper, then stir within the sauteed veggies.
- Add the Noodles: As soon as the egg noodles are cooked al dente, gently fold them into the filling combination. Spoon the casserole filling right into a calmly greased baking dish.
- Add the Topping and Bake: Lastly, mix the crushed crackers with melted butter and sprinkle the combination over the casserole. Bake at 375°F for half-hour, till the Ritz topping is sweet and golden.
Suggestions and Variation Concepts
Listed here are some ultimate suggestions and simple variations for this super-easy casserole:
- Use a store-bought rotisserie hen. I’m all a couple of path of least resistance on a weeknight, and this can be a zero-fuss shortcut to cooked hen that’s able to shred!
- The right way to inform when the casserole is finished: This creamy hen casserole is completed cooking when it’s deliciously golden on high and effervescent on the edges.
- Use turkey as a substitute. Swap out the shredded hen for shredded turkey meat to make a turkey noodle casserole.
- Add much more (or totally different) veggies. You possibly can actually add any greens you’d prefer to this casserole recipe. Different good choices are chopped broccoli, zucchini, bell peppers, butternut squash, and asparagus.
- Totally different cheese. This hen noodle casserole could be custom-made with a mixture of your favourite melty cheeses. Attempt including Swiss cheese, parmesan cheese, Provolone, or Gruyere.
Methods to Serve
We love having fun with this hen noodle casserole as a principal dish with a facet of contemporary inexperienced salad or steamed or sautéed veggies. It’s actually a meal multi functional!
It’s additionally simply nice as a comfy facet dish, and the proper option to bulk up a meal. Listed here are some simpler dinner recipes to serve alongside it:
Storing and Reheating Rooster Noodle Casserole
Leftover hen noodle casserole could be refrigerated hermetic for as much as 3 days.
The casserole could be reheated complete or in parts. I desire to reheat it within the oven, because it permits the topping to crisp up a little bit. Heat the casserole in an oven-safe dish at 350ºF till it’s sizzling all through.
You may as well reheat parts within the microwave, although the Ritz crackers will likely be a little bit mushy.
Can I Freeze This?
Completely! It’s really finest to freeze hen noodle casserole earlier than it’s baked. Right here’s tips on how to make it forward and freeze it for as much as 1 month:
- Comply with the casserole recipe proper up till you’re meant so as to add the Ritz cracker topping. I like to recommend leaving off the cracker crust till after the casserole is thawed and earlier than you go to bake it.
- Wrap the casserole dish tightly in a layer of plastic wrap, plus a layer of aluminum foil.
- Thaw the hen noodle casserole in a single day within the fridge. Earlier than baking, add the Ritz cracker topping, then bake as directed. Observe that you could be want so as to add a number of further minutes to the cooking time should you’re baking the casserole chilled from the fridge.
Extra Cozy Casserole Recipes:
A hearty, home-style Rooster Noodle Casserole brimming with tender noodles, shredded hen, and veggies in a creamy sauce, baked underneath a crispy Ritz cracker crust.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup small diced yellow onion
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 (12- ounce bag) blended greens
- 12 ounces huge egg noodles
- 3 – 4 cups cooked shredded hen (I like to make use of rotisserie hen)
- 2 ( 10.5- ounce) cans cream of hen soup
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon contemporary floor black pepper
- 2 cups crushed Ritz crackers (about 1 1/2 sleeves)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Coat a 9 x13 baking pan calmly with nonstick spray and put aside.
- Warmth olive oil in a big skillet over medium warmth. Prepare dinner the diced onion and celery till softened, stirring steadily, about 10 minutes. Add within the frozen greens and cook dinner for two – 3 extra minutes till heat. Take away from the warmth and put aside.
- Convey a big pot of salted water to a boil. Add the egg noodles and cook dinner in accordance with the bundle instructions till al dente. Drain.
- Whereas the noodles are boiling, combine collectively the hen, cream of hen soup, half and half, cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper in a big bowl. Add within the cooked vegetable combination and stir to mix. Fold within the cooked noodles.
- Switch the combination to the ready pan.
- Combine collectively the crushed crackers and melted butter. Sprinkle the combination evenly on high of the casserole.
- Bake for half-hour till the highest is golden brown.
- Serve heat.
Retailer hermetic for as much as 3 days.
Key phrases: hen egg noodle casserole, pasta casserole recipes, straightforward hen casserole
Need To Save This Recipe?
Discover extra recipes like this:
PIN for later: