Pecan brittle is a scrumptious and crispy sweet loved for generations. This buttery, nutty sweet is nice for selfmade items from the kitchen.
This publish incorporates affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Why Selfmade Pecan Brittle Is So Good?
For many individuals, brittle has a powerful connection to the vacations. Whether or not it’s Christmases spent with the grandparents or the household’s annual trip to a seaside city, the snack brings again a flood of comfortable recollections.
Share the expertise of constructing selfmade brittle with those you’re keen on any time of the 12 months with this basic recipe for Pecan Brittle.
Why You Ought to Attempt This Pecan Brittle Recipe
Pecan Brittle is probably not one thing you usually, if ever, make, however hopefully, this recipe will change that. Pecan Brittle is just not solely easy to arrange and scrumptious to eat, but it surely’s extremely versatile and makes a beautiful handmade reward that the individual you give it to will actually admire.
This recipe is an additional buttery model that doesn’t use any vanilla extract or cinnamon and permits the pure taste of the nuts to shine via.
Substances For Pecan Brittle
To make this recipe, you’ll want:
- Mild Corn Syrup
- Pecan items
- Baking soda
- Butter Flavoring
This recipe makes use of a liquid butter taste like Watkins Butter Extract and never powdered butter flavoring.
Tools You Will Want
There are just a few must-have objects to make selfmade Pecan Brittle. Essentially the most important piece of kit is a clip-on thermometer. Whereas you should utilize a deep-fry thermometer, one particularly designed for candy-making with the seven levels of candy-making clearly marked on the facet is right.
Along with a sweet thermometer, you’ll want a picket spoon. Wooden is a superb materials for sweet making as a result of it gained’t soften or conduct warmth.
A silicone mat works greatest because the liner for the cookie sheet, however it isn’t a requirement. You possibly can evenly grease the cookie sheet with butter or cooking spray when you don’t have a silicone baking mat.
How To Make This Pecan Brittle Recipe
To arrange this recipe for Pecan Brittle:
- Place a silicone baking mat on a cookie sheet or grease the cookie sheet to forestall sticking.
- Place a medium saucepan with a heavy backside and a lid over medium warmth. Wider saucepans with out a non-stick coating work greatest.
- Rigorously add the sugar, gentle corn syrup, water, butter, salt, and butter flavoring to the saucepan. Stir with a picket spoon. Keep away from getting any substances on the edges of the saucepan as a result of they’ll simply burn.
- Carry the combination to a simmer and canopy the saucepan. Cook dinner for a couple of minute. Protecting the saucepan creates steam that can assist to rinse any substances off the edges of the saucepan.
- Take away the lid and fix a sweet thermometer to the facet of the saucepan.
- Stir the sugar combination with a picket spoon till the temperature reaches the smooth crack stage (from 270 to 290 levels Fahrenheit).
- Add the pecan items to the saucepan and stir them into the sugar combination.
- Proceed heating till the sugar combination reaches the exhausting crack stage (from 300 to 310 levels Fahrenheit).
- Take away the saucepan from the warmth and stir within the baking soda. Bear in mind that the sugar combination will foam barely. It’s this foaming motion that creates all of the tiny bubbles within the brittle.
- Pour the sugar combination onto the ready baking sheet and unfold it out till it’s a couple of quarter of an inch thick. Work quick as a result of the brittle will set shortly.
- Let the Pecan Brittle cool. Break the brittle into items utilizing the again of a metallic spoon.
How To Retailer Pecan Brittle
One of the best ways to maintain your Pecan Brittle from getting smooth is in an hermetic container. Place a layer of wax paper between every layer of brittle to permit air to flow into.
Enjoyable Methods You Can Serve Pecan Brittle
In addition to consuming Pecan Brittle by itself, it makes an amazing garnish for different desserts. Attempt:
- Crushing a chunk of brittle and sprinkling the crumbs over ice cream, custard, or a slice of pumpkin pie.
- Sticking a chunk of brittle into the whipped cream on high of a slice of pecan pie.
- Dipping a banana in melted chocolate and rolling it in crushed Pecan Brittle. Eat instantly or freeze for an amazing summer season snack.
How Lengthy Does It Final?
Pecan Brittle lasts a very long time. The primary issue figuring out the size of time you’ll be able to maintain brittle is how properly you forestall moisture from attending to it. Relying on the climate, brittle will last as long as two months in a sealed container within the pantry.
Favourite Sweet Recipes
Yummy Christmas Treats
Selfmade pecan brittle is a buttery, crispy, and scrumptious sweet to make and share with household and associates.
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Mild Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 1/2 cups pecan items
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoon Butter Flavoring
Stir collectively sugar, corn syrup, water, butter, salt, and butter taste. Carry to simmer on medium warmth and place lid on pot for one minute then take away lid. This may steam all sugar crystals on facet of the pot and they’ll slide down into the combination.
Place a sweet thermometer in pan and proceed to prepare dinner on medium warmth stirring continuously till sweet reaches the smooth crack stage. Add nuts and blend via, proceed to prepare dinner till combination reaches exhausting crack stage. Take away from warmth and add baking soda. Combination will foam, ensure you mix baking soda into sweet fully.
Pour on to a nonstick cookie sheet or evenly buttered baking sheet. Unfold to 1/4″ thick or much less whereas the combination remains to be scorching, sweet will begin to harden shortly. When set and funky break into items and retailer in hermetic container.
Energy: 185kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 0g | Fats: 2g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 321mg | Sugar: 41g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Calcium: 3mg