Prep 1 hr
Prepare dinner 25 minutes
Add’l 2 hrs
Whole 3 hrs 25 minutes
These copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls are the last word aspect dish for a vacation or household event! Every tender, buttery roll is pillowy gentle, and served up with do-it-yourself cinnamon honey butter.
Delicate, Fluffy Rolls with Candy Cinnamon Honey Butter!
Have you ever ever gone out to eat, and been so distracted by the bread (or in Mexican eating places, the tortilla chips!) that you simply virtually didn’t care about ordering? Among the finest examples of this phenomenon comes from the Texas Roadhouse, a steakhouse that’s fashionable throughout the entire U.S. Their well-known dinner rolls are recognized for softness, sweetness, and the killer cinnamon honey butter they arrive with. Texas Roadhouse rolls are one of the crucial coveted copycat recipes on the market.
And guys, I feel this recipe may be top-of-the-line. Utilizing a easy enriched yeast roll dough, constructed from scratch with healthful elements, these fluffy rolls are distractingly scrumptious! The one factor that would make them higher is a few cinnamon honey butter, and I’ve acquired the elements and directions for that, too.
Why Are the Texas Roadhouse Rolls So Good?
Possibly it’s a mixture of the candy yeast dough and even sweeter honey butter. Possibly it’s that they’re so. Darn. Fluffy. Possibly it’s that they’re freshly made all through the day. Regardless of the case (and I truthfully suppose it’s all three, mixed), Texas Roadhouse rolls are legendary!
The one draw back is that you simply don’t at all times wish to head into the restaurant (or pay restaurant costs, for them). Which is why this recipe is so excellent – you get to deliver that Texas Roadhouse goodness proper into your individual kitchen!
The Components You’ll Want
It is a fairly simple candy, enriched dough recipe. The honey butter can also be easy, with just a few fundamental elements, much like frosting. Right here’s what you’ll want:
For the Rolls
- Milk: The milk ought to be heat – about physique temperature or just a few levels hotter. You may heat it within the microwave or on the range. If it will get too sizzling, be sure you let it settle down earlier than you employ it, or the warmth will kill the yeast!
- Yeast: I exploit energetic, dry yeast on this recipe. You’ll want 3 1⁄2 teaspoons, however bear in mind that if you happen to use yeast within the little packets, these solely include 2 ¼ teaspoons, so dump two of them right into a small dish and use your measuring spoons to get the correct quantity.
- Sugar: I exploit each granulated sugar and brown sugar on this recipe.
- Eggs and Egg Yolks: This dough will get loads of added richness from a few complete eggs plus a few further egg yolks.
- Melted Butter: Unsalted is my choice, however you can use salted if you happen to like. You would possibly wish to barely cut back the quantity of salt within the recipe.
- Flour: All-purpose flour – make sure to not use self-rising flour.
Cinnamon Honey Butter
- Butter: Soften the butter to room temperature earlier than utilizing it.
- Powdered Sugar and Honey: I exploit somewhat of each, for sweetening this yummy butter. For those who wished to simply use honey, you can, nevertheless it may need a barely stronger style.
- Cinnamon: For the very best outcomes, verify the dates in your floor cinnamon and ensure it’s not older than one 12 months. Previous spices aren’t essentially rancid or unhealthy to eat, however they lose quite a lot of taste over time – and a few of them can flip somewhat bitter.
How you can Make Them
So how do you make these rolls? For those who’ve ever labored with yeast dough earlier than, this course of will most likely be pretty acquainted. If not, that’s okay too! This how-to information will stroll you thru the steps.
- Proof the Yeast. Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, mix your heat milk, the yeast, and two teaspoons of the sugar. Enable this combination to sit down for five minutes to ensure that the yeast is energetic – if it’s energetic, it would start to show frothy.
- Add the Remainder of the Liquid Components. As soon as the yeast combination is frothy, combine within the eggs, egg yolks, the remainder of the granulated sugar, and the brown sugar.
- Add the Dry Components, and Knead. Subsequent, beat within the flour and salt to make a tough dough. Swap out the whisk attachment and insert the dough hook, and knead the dough on medium velocity for about 6 minutes, till you’ve gotten a easy, elastic dough that bounces again while you press it along with your finger.
- First Rise: Detach the blending bowl from the mixer, and set it in a heat place so the dough can rise. Cowl it with plastic wrap, and let it rise for an hour or so till it’s doubled in measurement.
- Reduce the Rolls. As soon as the dough has risen, scoop it out of the bowl onto a clear, floured work floor. Roll it out into a big rectangle, about ½ inch thick, and use a pizza cutter to chop it into sq. or rectangular rolls. As soon as the dough has doubled, end up onto a clear floured floor. Roll the dough out right into a rectangle about 1⁄2 inch thick, after which use a pizza cutter or different sharp edge to chop sq. or rectangular rolls.
- Second Rise: Place the lower rolls on greased baking sheets (or baking sheets lined with parchment), about ½ inch aside. Allow them to rise on the baking sheets for 30 – 45 minutes or so, till puffy.
- Bake! Bake the rolls in your preheated oven for 35 minutes. Make certain to rotate the baking sheets midway by means of the bake time, in order that they bake evenly. As soon as the rolls are golden-brown and baked by means of, place them on a wire rack to chill a bit.
- Make the Cinnamon Honey Butter: For those who like, you may make the compound butter whereas the rolls are baking. That is tremendous easy! Simply mix all the cinnamon honey butter elements (butter, powdered sugar, honey, cinnamon, and vanilla) in a bowl, and beat till gentle and fluffy. I like my stand mixer for this, however a hand mixer and mixing bowl would work simply tremendous, too.
- End the Dish. Brush the new rolls with melted butter, and serve them heat with cinnamon honey butter.
Baking has its quirks, and it’s exhausting to repair issues on the fly. That’s why I’m sharing these useful suggestions for achievement. Every fast tip is designed to assist troubleshoot earlier than any issues begin – and ship picture-perfect dinner rolls.
- Scalding the Milk: Having the milk on the appropriate temperature is essential when making rolls. In case your milk is simply too sizzling, it would actually kill the yeast, which suggests the dough gained’t rise. If that occurs, sadly, you’ll have to discard the combination and begin over. However, if the milk is simply too chilly, the yeast gained’t activate in any respect, and as soon as once more the dough gained’t rise. The best proofing temperature is between 105°-110°. You should utilize an instant-read thermometer to verify the temperature.
- Sugar Notes: Common granulated sugar could also be used rather than brown sugar, if you happen to favor. Don’t be tempted to chop down the quantity, as a result of the sugar each feeds the yeast and provides these rolls their signature sweetness.
- Rising Occasions: That is undoubtedly one of many quirky issues about baking. Since rising time relies on the yeast, you could discover that your dough rises in a short time in the future and never shortly in any respect the subsequent time. Control issues, and bear in mind that the rising time could also be fairly quick, or run form of lengthy, particularly relying in your kitchen’s warmth and humidity.
- Reducing the Rolls: Be sure to use a really sharp pizza cutter, bench scraper, knife, and many others. You wish to cleanly slice the rolls, with as little smushing as potential, to maintain them gentle and fluffy.
- Folded Rolls: Some folks like to chop the dough into lengthy rectangles, and fold them in half to make a form of guide form. That’s tremendous, too! Remember that a folded roll like this may occasionally take longer to bake by means of.
For Texas Roadhouse rolls, I like to recommend serving steakhouse-style major programs. Listed below are a few of our favourite recipes that channel the Texas Roadhouse menu:
- Steak: There’s nothing like an excellent ribeye or porterhouse, after all, however if you happen to’re serving steak family-style then strips of flank steak are good. Do this straightforward tutorial for Juicy Flank Steak, and luxuriate in!
- Rooster Fried Rooster: Crunchy, juicy, and smothered in gravy, Rooster Fried Rooster is a lip-smackin’ dinner that goes fantastically with these honey-sweet rolls and butter.
- Macaroni and Cheese: Everybody loves an excellent creamy mac, and this fast Selfmade Mac and Cheese recipe is among the creamiest. Even higher, it comes collectively in about quarter-hour.
Storing and Reheating
These copycat Texas Roadhouse rolls will keep recent for a number of days if you happen to retailer them at room temperature in an hermetic container. Reheat for only a few seconds within the microwave, or in a 350°F oven for a number of minutes.
As for the cinnamon honey butter, when you make it you may refrigerate it in a jar or different hermetic container for as much as one week.
Do Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls Freeze Properly?
Sure, they do freeze effectively – and you may freeze them baked or unbaked. Right here’s the right way to do it:
- To freeze baked Texas Roadhouse rolls, simply cool them to room temperature and pop them right into a freezer bag. Gently squeeze out the surplus air earlier than you seal the bag, and freeze the rolls for as much as 3 months. Thaw earlier than reheating.
- To freeze unbaked rolls, put together the rolls all through the second rise. Then freeze the rolls on a baking sheet till frozen stable. Switch to freezer baggage, and retailer in your freezer for as much as a month. Thaw within the fridge earlier than baking.
Prepare dinner Time
3 hours 25 minutes
For the Rolls
- 2 1⁄3 cup heat milk (between 105°F-110°F)
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoon energetic dry yeast
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 massive eggs + 2 yolks
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 8 cup all function flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
For the Cinnamon Honey Butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 to 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a whisk attachment, mix the milk, yeast and a pair of teaspoons of the sugar. Proof for five minutes or till frothy.
- Add within the eggs, yolks, remaining granulated sugar, and brown sugar, and blend to mix. Combine within the melted butter. Subsequent add the flour and salt.
- Swap your mixer attachment to a dough hook and knead on medium velocity for six minutes, till the dough bounces again after pushing on it.
- As soon as the dough is completed kneading, take away the bowl from the mixer and canopy with plastic wrap. Let rise for 1 hour or till doubled in measurement.
- As soon as the dough has doubled, end up onto a clear floured floor. Roll the dough out right into a rectangle about 1⁄2 inch thick.
- Utilizing a pizza cutter, lower the dough into strips, then lower into sq. or rectangle rolls. You must get about 40 rolls whole.
- Spray a baking sheet with baking spray, then place the rolls on it, spacing them out 1⁄2 inch. Let the rolls rise for 30 to 45 minutes, or till risen. In the direction of the tip of the rising time preheat the oven to 350°F.
- As soon as risen, place the rolls into the preheated oven on the center rack. Bake for 35 minutes, rotating the rolls half manner by means of baking, till golden brown.
- As soon as baked, take away from the oven and place on a wire cooling rack. Brush the new rolls with melted butter. Serve heat with cinnamon honey butter, if desired.
Cinnamon Honey Butter:
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, beat to mix all elements: butter, powdered sugar, honey, cinnamon and vanilla. Beat for two to three minutes, till gentle and fluffy and effectively mixed.
- Retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge till prepared to make use of, for as much as per week.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 150Whole Fats: 4gSaturated Fats: 3gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 2gLdl cholesterol: 29mgSodium: 118mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 4g
Extra Selfmade Bread Recipes
This submit might include affiliate hyperlinks. Learn my disclosure coverage.