This web site might comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
The final word facet dish, this fast and straightforward creamed corn recipe is one you’ll come again to repeatedly! It’s buttery, creamy, and the proper mix of savory and candy!
Aren’t creamy facet dishes the perfect? They’re the proper consolation meals! Should you’re in search of extra flavorful, hearty sides, you’ll must attempt my traditional creamed peas and potatoes, creamed spinach, or these tacky parmesan garlic brussels sprouts!
The BEST Creamed Corn Recipe
It’s time to place that may of creamed corn away as a result of this recipe goes to vary your life! This creamed corn is so buttery and flavorful, it’s love at first chunk! Recent garlic, onion powder, and a pinch of cayenne make it style completely dreamy. It’s the proper method so as to add just a little hearty, creamy goodness to any dinner. The good factor is, this recipe is nice for customizing too. So whether or not you wish to add just a little extra kick or some shredded parmesan (yum!) be at liberty to modify it up! (I’ve some tasty concepts for you beneath!)
No matter the way you tweak your batch of creamed corn, one factor is certain- your loved ones gained’t be capable of get sufficient! It’s the proper consolation meals and so irresistible! This creamed corn is a superb option to serve at your entire potlucks and barbecues because the summer time involves a detailed. (It’s additionally an ideal Thanksgiving facet; it’s by no means too early to start out planning!) Nothing rings in fall like heat, buttery corn dishes! With taste this good, you might simply wish to make it year-round.
Components You’ll Want
Able to make the perfect creamed corn of your life? Right here’s my record of requirements! The mixture of those substances creates probably the most savory, creamy taste that your family and friends will go loopy over. All measurements might be discovered within the recipe card beneath.
- Unsalted Butter: I used unsalted butter in order that the flavour of the creamed corn is sweet and wealthy with out being overly salty.
- Minced Garlic: In order for you the perfect savory taste, go for recent garlic!
- Corn: Use what you may have available! You need to use frozen, canned, or recent corn. Simply be certain no matter you employ is thawed and drained.
- Heavy Cream: No creamed corn is full with out heavy cream! That is what makes the dish so indulgent and engaging. You may as well use half and half as an alternative.
- Kosher Salt: I at all times go for kosher salt as a result of it doesn’t have the bitter aftertaste that desk salt often does.
- Black Pepper: Freshly cracked is finest!
- Onion Powder: Onion powder provides savory taste and only a trace of sweetness to your complete batch of creamed corn.
- Granulated Sugar: You solely want a pair tablespoons of sugar to stability out the flavors on this dish.
- Complete Milk: The excessive fats content material in entire milk is what makes this recipe so delish! Sorry food plan!
- All-Objective Flour: Retains your creamed corn from being runny.
- Cayenne Pepper: (Elective) I at all times add a pinch for some heat spice, however you’ll be able to at all times add extra should you prefer it sizzling!
Let’s Make Creamed Corn!
Not solely is that this creamed corn completely scrumptious, but it surely’s prepared in lower than 10 minutes! (Psst: should you’re quick on time, use frozen corn for even faster prep!)
- Soften Butter: Soften the butter in a medium saucepan over medium warmth.
- Prepare dinner Garlic: Add the minced garlic and cook dinner for 30 seconds.
- Add Components: Add the corn kernels, heavy cream, salt, pepper, onion powder, and sugar to your pan. Stir to mix.
- Flour Combination: In a small bowl, whisk collectively the milk and flour. Pour into corn combination and stir to mix.
- Prepare dinner: Prepare dinner on medium warmth, stirring consistently for five minutes, or till thickened and corn is cooked.
- Extra Seasonings: Season with extra salt, pepper, and/or cayenne pepper if desired.
Suggestions and Variations
Listed below are just a few easy methods to customise your creamed corn and even flip it right into a corn casserole! That is simply considered one of my all-time favourite facet dishes. I do know you and yours will find it irresistible simply as a lot!
- Add Thickness: A good way so as to add thickness to your creamed corn is by including pulp! You possibly can simply make some by mixing a few of your corn with an immersion blender or meals processor after which stirring it in with the remainder of your substances.
- Add Spice: In order for you your creamed corn to have some kick, add extra cayenne pepper to style and even throw in some chopped jalapenos.
- Add Cheese: Cheese makes every thing higher! Attempt including just a little grated parmesan cheese to your creamed corn for melty, tacky taste.
- Make it a Casserole: To make your creamed corn right into a casserole, all you’ll want is a field of Jiffy corn muffin combine and just a little butter and bitter cream! You’ll find my full recipe right here. It’s such an incredible facet, you’re going to find it irresistible!
This fast and straightforward recipe is ideal for making forward. After you have a scrumptious batch of creamed corn able to go, right here’s easy methods to maintain it tasting recent and scrumptious within the fridge!
- Within the Fridge: In an hermetic container, your corn will keep good for 3-4 days.
- Within the Freezer: Freeze in an hermetic container or freezer bag for as much as 3 months. Thaw in a single day earlier than reheating.
- To Reheat: Heat leftover creamed corn over the range on medium-low warmth, stirring incessantly.
Soften the butter in a medium saucepan over medium warmth.
Add the minced garlic and cook dinner for 30 seconds.
Add the corn, heavy cream, salt, pepper, onion powder, and sugar. Stir to mix.
In a small bowl, whisk collectively the milk and flour. Pour into corn combination and stir to mix.
Prepare dinner on medium warmth, stirring consistently for five minutes, or till thickened and corn is cooked.
Season with extra salt, pepper, and/or cayenne pepper if desired.
Serving1cupEnergy362kcal (18%)Carbohydrates43g (14%)Protein8g (16%)Fats21g (32%)Saturated Fats12g (60%)Polyunsaturated Fats2gMonounsaturated Fats5gTrans Fats0.2gLdl cholesterol55mg (18%)Sodium487mg (20%)Potassium425mg (12%)Fiber4g (16%)Sugar14g (16%)Vitamin A1112IU (22%)Vitamin C9mg (11%)Calcium65mg (7%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary data is predicated on third occasion calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.